ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL OR CALL 1-800-631-5407

Schott N.Y.C.

YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS

Alex575

FUNFACT: Fire refuses to play with Alex575, for fear of being burned.

Torn Between 613 & 626

I'm looking for advice because I don't know which jacket to get. I live in Los Angeles, CA, so the weather out here never really goes below 50-degrees, so I'm wondering if I should stick with the lighter 626 jacket instead of the 618?

Is the 626 really that much lighter than the 618? Both are out-of-stock, again, so I have to wait (my own fault for waiting the first go around) but I want to make sure that I pick the right one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gail on 04/15/14 at 07:30 AM

The 618 is a much warmer jacket than the 626. The 626 which has slightly lighter weight leather and a light weight lining, also has a slimmer fit and no bi-swing back. The 618 style has a quilt body lining for warmth with a poly/cotton sleeve lining and a bi-swing action back. In California the 626 is probably the best option for you as you do not need a winter jacket. Gail

ganon on 04/15/14 at 11:18 AM

Alex575, Gail:

I just bought a 626 a little less than a month ago. I live in Western PA and I wanted something I could use year round (I'll just layer when it gets really cold). Needless to say, I'm really happy with my purchase.

A couple things:

-If I'm not mistaken (which I could be) the 618/613 is shorter than the 626 by about an inch. I didn't try either on before purchase, but I'm 6'3, 235 lbs and the length of the 626 size XL is perfect (slightly above the top of my belt). The waist is just a touch large, but the shoulders/chest fit perfect. If you're tall, you might want to go with the 626.

-The design of the 626 has been changed recently and the jacket does, in fact, feature a bi-swing back. I confirmed this with Jerri in customer service because I was surprised when I received the jacket and it was different from the one pictured. This was a plus for me because I wanted the more traditional design of the 618/613 only longer.

-There are no longer stars on the epaulets (I'm pretty indifferent to this).

-Sleeve zippers have been moved to the back of the sleeves instead of the front and gussets have been added (again, I was fine with this because I wanted the more traditional style only with some more length).

Hope that helps.

Gail on 04/15/14 at 04:37 PM

Gannon, Thank you for the corrected information. As you may not know I did retire from Schott the end of March and was unaware that new production with the new changes were now in stock. You are also correct the 626 is a longer jacket, though I do not know if he needs a longer length. I still try to go on the blog and help with some of the questions, but mostly try to date the older jackets for the owners. Gail

Alex575 on 04/15/14 at 07:20 PM

Thanks for the advice Gail & Gannon! I think the 626 will be it. :)

And Gannon, the 618 no longer has the stars?

Btw, congratulations on the retirement, Gail.

As far as length, I'm not too picky about it but I was concerned about the weight of the jacket since it does me no good if I can't wear it because it's too hot.

ganon on 04/16/14 at 10:47 AM

Alex575: The 626 no longer has stars on the epaulets. I've never worn a 613/618 but I imagine it would be much warmer due to the quilted liner. I've worn my 626 for a couple hours in ~70°F weather and while it was a bit warm, I never felt too hot.

Gail: Thanks for the heads up. Congrats on the retirement. I really enjoy and will continue to enjoy reading your posts.

Alex575 on 04/16/14 at 06:56 PM

Thanks, Ganon, that was helpful. :)

LOADING MORE