Schott N.Y.C.

ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL, CALL 1-800-631-5407 OR

YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS

ringchild

FUNFACT: The X-Men get up every Saturday Morning to watch ringchild.

help dating a schott 125

hey there-
i'm hoping to get some help dating my schott 125.
zip out liner is missing, and there are no tags that say "schott" or "perfecto" anywhere.
says "schott" on the snaps, yyk on sleeve and main front zippers, ring pulls on front and side pocket zippers.
the tag inside the front small pocket reads:

lot           bndl
0547      312

any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks-
michael

ringchild on 04/04/14 at 05:11 AM

ahhh.....i just found an old post from '06, another 125 owner trying to determine age, and from reply to that, it appears as tho mine was also made between 80-something and 91-ish.
next question would be, does the lot number have anything to do with determining age (lower lot # = older jacket)?

thanks again-
michael

Gail on 04/04/14 at 08:22 AM

The jacket is within the time frame of the 80's to 1991based on the pocket ticket not having a bar code. Can you post a photo of the pocket ticket? It is possible the numbers are not in the correct position as the bundle #312 does not seem correct. Once I can see the ticket I can probably narrow down the time frame for you. Gail

ringchild on 04/04/14 at 01:23 PM

hi gail-
looking at it again, it may be a zero or maybe a one, instead of a three, for the first digit of the bndl...
thanks for your help!

Gail on 04/05/14 at 06:45 AM

Looking at the ticket the bundle appears to a zero which makes sense. I believe part of the number is erased just like the prt of the 8 in the size 48 is erased. Based on Lot number starting with a zero, and only being a three digit number, the jacket was made before we did our production lots on the computer. This jacket was produced between 1978 when we first started using the Naked Cowhide leather and the mid-1980's when we started scheduling on the computer. Gail

ringchild on 04/06/14 at 05:16 PM

thank you gail!
i thought it must be pretty old and well used......the black color has faded to a nice chocolate brown over much of the jacket, and it's as well broken in and quite comfortable.

i've got another question regarding my backup jacket (i learned to keep a backup when my first 125 was stolen in December of '88).
it's styled exactly like a 125...side laces, beltless, etc., and has the schott snaps and yyk zippers.
it has no provisions for a zip out liner, and the inside lining has "schott" printed all over it. it also has the "perfecto" tag with the motorcycle and american flag at the neck. there is a duplicate lot/bndl tag under the american flag tag.
what's confusing to me, is that the small tags say "635" where my other says "125".
i did have it shipped over from bosnia, and was wondering if there were export models, or if it might be a knockoff?
sure feels like a real schott, but i've never heard of a model 635.
any ideas?

thanks-
 michael

Gail on 04/07/14 at 07:28 AM

The 635 style is based on the 125 with slight differences. The leather is Steerhide and has the jacket has a light weight polyester twill lining rather then the zip-out liner as in the 125 or the fixed quilt lining a in the 115 & 615 styles. Based on the YKK zippers and the Schott Logo lining the jacket was produced between 1985 - 1989. Gail

LOADING MORE