ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL OR CALL 1-800-631-5407

Schott N.Y.C.

YOU CALL THE SCHOTTS

Diesel

FUNFACT: Kanye West lets Diesel finish before giving his opinion.

619/626 - wuh?

Took the plunge and just ordered one of the new 619s. But, I pretty much beat my brain up wondering if I shouldn't get a 626 instead. Its going to be part of the herd, but not riding range; this is for general wear. The 626 is less money and a helluva good looking jacket, but - the 619 is so fine looking. And - lets face it - expensive. But I like quality (like Oscar Wilde said; I have the simplest of tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.) and Long Suffering Wife said "get whichever you want"; so I did. But I am still wondering what the crucial differences are between 'em? Is it just handwork? Seems the leathers are pretty much the same or close anyway. And what the heck is hand-oiled leather? Is the dinero devil truly in the details?

Gail on 04/15/14 at 07:09 AM

The styling of the 626 and 619 are basically the same, but there are several differences between the 2 styles. The cost of naked cowhide leather is always higher in cost then a regular cowhide, brass trim is also higher in cost then a nickel trim. Not only is the 619 a "vintage enhanced" jacket which adds to the cost, it is also hand oiled. This is when oil is applied to the leather by hand. Oiling provides leather with lubrication which allows flexibility of leather. Oiling does impact and enhance the color. Gail

LOADING MORE